Getting Recommendat...
Clear all

Getting Recommendation Letters 15+ Years out of school

New Member
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 3
Topic starter  

I have a delimma.  I graduated undergrad about 15 years ago and most of the professors I did well in are now retired.  There were a couple of professors still around but one was from a general ed course and the other I didn't do so well.  How would I get recommendations in this regard?  

Active Member
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 17

Schools will often accept employer recommendations if the program is a masters program.  If it is a PhD you might consider taking a course or two at a local community college.  It would probably be a good idea anyway because after 15 years, the math skills are usually rusty